To acknowledge ANZAC Day, we are sharing this delicious Anzac Biscuit recipe created by Wick Nixon of Wicked Wellbeing.
Did you know? Anzac Biscuits were sent by wives and women’s groups to soldiers abroad because the ingredients did not spoil easily and kept well while being transported. Our research tells us that soldiers used to crush the biscuits to make porridge. To acknowledge ANZAC Day, we are sharing this delicious Anzac Biscuit recipe created by Wick Nixon of Wicked Wellbeing.
Wicked Wellbeing Healthy Anzac Biscuits
- 1/2 C fine rolled oats
- 1/3 C coconut sugar
- 1 C desiccated coconut
- 1 C spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 T honey, melted
- 100ml Tanna Farms Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 T boiling water
The how to:
- Preheat the oven to 180deg C and line a baking tray with a baking sheet or baking paper
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Gently mix the two lots of ingredients together. Using wet hands, roll the mixture into balls (ensuring the mixture is sticky enough that it holds together, add a little more water if needed) and place on the tray.
- Press down gently with a damp fork and bake for 10-12 minutes until bikkies are golden. Remove from the oven and let the biscuits cool on a wire rack. They will firm up as they cool.
Makes approximately 15.
Wick Nixon from Wicked Wellbeing is all about making your life easier. She’s a super passionate foodie who wants to help you get back into the kitchen, to create food from scratch for your family that is away from additives, preservatives, and refined sugar, not to mention packaged food! She sounds just like someone the Tanna Farms team would love don’t you think?
Would you like more of Wick’s great recipes? She has self-published two cookbooks. The first, 21 Day Marvelous Lunchbox Makeover (award winning) and the second, Healthy Lunchbox Love. They have both been hugely successful (probably because they’re so practical) and complement the live foodie workshops that she operates in the Wicked Wellbeing HQ in Mt Albert, Auckland. The other main program she offers is the Wicked Wellbeing Kitchen Club which is an online Step by Step, 4 week Meal Plan for Busy Mothers.
All out of Vanuatu Made Tanna Farms Coconut Oil? No problem, simply click here to make your online purchase. We have stockists and ship our coconut oil to New Zealand and Australia and we have stockists throughout Vanuatu and New Caledonia. While you’re shopping feel free to add any of our other products to your basket – all orders over $100NZD receive FREE shipping within New Zealand. Don’t forget that we have also supersized our coconut oil and have Bulk Tubs available too.
Tanna Farms – bringing the finest coconut oil that nature allows to Vanuatu, Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia. Handmade in Vanuatu.
Coconut Oil Australia , Coconut Oil New Zealand