It is our pleasure to welcome back Tanna Farms guest blogger, Gillian Lewis.
Gillian is a Vanuatu based Naturopath and owner/operator of ‘Reflections Retreat‘ which is located in stunning Havannah Harbour, just 20 minutes drive from Port Vila. Gillian is a Tanna Farms Coconut Oil lover – lucky us! Last time Gillian blogged with us she talked about oral health, today it’s all about nutrition with her delicious energy ball recipe.
Gillian says… energy balls make a great snack or a meal replacement. They are full of good fats and protein, and relatively low in carbohydrates (for a sweet treat). Energy balls provide very dense nutrition so I don’t recommend eating more than two-three at one time (depending on the size).
Energy Chocolate Balls by Reflections Retreat, Vanuatu
- ½ cup of almond meal
- ¼ cup of toasted coconut or desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup of oats
- 2 TBSPs of sesame seeds
- 2 TBSPs of linseed/flaxseeds
- ½ tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 TBSPs of honey
- 1 TBSP of Tanna Farms coconut oil
- ½ a cup of Tanna Farms Peanut butter
If you’d like Chocolate Balls, add ¼ cup of cacao powder.
The how to:
- Blend the oats for a few seconds to break them down.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add additional peanut butter if the ingredients are too dry or extra almond meal if the ingredients are too wet.
- Roll the energy balls into the desired size, then roll in extra sesame seeds or coconut to coat them and then store them in the fridge to set.
Energy balls store well in the fridge for a few days or can be kept in the freezer for up to three months. (Mine don’t last that long!)
Gillian Lewis is an Australian qualified Naturopath and owner of Reflections Retreat.
Reflections Retreat is a boutique health and wellness retreat located in Havannah Harbour, Vanuatu.
Check out the retreat website at www.reflections.com.vu.
You can contact Gillian directly on +6787737694 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All out of Tanna Farms Coconut Oil? No problem, simply click here to make your online purchase. We have many stockists in Vanuatu and we also ship our coconut oil to front doors in Australia and New Zealand. While you’re shopping feel free to add any of our other products to your basket – all orders over $100NZD receive FREE shipping within New Zealand. Don’t forget that we have also supersized our coconut oil and have Bulk Tubs available too.