We’d love to see your creations so tag us in pics when you make it.
Gluten and Dairy-Free
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (ummm, yes Tanna Farms of course)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbspn lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ~4-5 fresh figs, each figs sliced into rounds (or any other seasonal fruit such as plums, peaches, apricots, strawberries etc). This makes it a suitable year-round recipe. I even think feijoas would work and very thinly sliced apples or pears. Even preserved apples or pears.
The How To:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C and line a cake tin with baking paper.
2. Place all of the ingredients, except figs, into a food processor and process until well combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place sliced fig rounds evenly over the cake
3. Bake for around 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through (when a skewer comes out clean).
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the tin and placing onto a plate.
5. Serve with freshly whipped cream, thick Greek yoghurt or for dairy-free a dollop of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt.
All out of Vanuatu Hand Made Tanna Farms Certified Organic Coconut Oil? No problem, simply click here to make your online purchase. While you’re shopping feel free to add any of our other products to your basket including Tanna Farms Lip Balm, Coconut Soap or our beautiful handmade woven Mini Baskets.
We have retail stockists in New Caledonia, New Zealand and Australia. We also ship our Coconut Oil to Australian and New Zealand addresses. All orders over $100NZD receive FREE shipping within New Zealand. Don’t forget that we have also supersized our Coconut Oil and have Bulk Tubs available too.
Tanna Farms – bringing the finest Vanuatu Coconut Oil that nature allows to Vanuatu, New Zealand and New Caledonia. Handmade in Vanuatu.