We do get a tad excited in the Tanna Farms test kitchen when we come across or are sent recipes where we can use both our Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and our Naturally Organic Crushed It Peanut Butter … we received this one from a Tanna Farms fan and when we posted the image on Facebook we received many requests to post the recipe – so here you go!
The recipe is a take on the Super Healthy Kids ‘Grab and Go Granola Bar’ … but here’s our version where we have ditched the sugar and swapped out a couple of refined ingredients for a more healthy alternative. Nothing better than a recipe that you can change up depending on the goodies in your cupboard. Just try to swap out ingredients with a similar consistency and you pretty much can’t go wrong.
Granola Bar Slice
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried fruit of your choice
1/2 cup LSA or almond meal or chia seeds or make a combo of all
1/2 cup sliced almonds or nuts of your choice
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup Tanna Farms Crushed It Peanut Butter – nom nom …
1 cup honey or rice malt syrup as it has a lower sugar content
1/2 cup Tanna Farms Naturally Organic Coconut Oil
The How To:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a ceramic or glass baking dish (approx 9X13 inch\).
- Mix oats, sunflower seeds, cranberries, LSA, and almonds altogether in a bowl. Spread mixture on a sheet pan and toast in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Return mixture to a large bowl.
- While the granola ingredients are cooking, prepare your wet ingredients. In a medium saucepan, combine salt, peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and immediately remove from heat. Pour over oats mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour into baking dish. Press mixture down into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for up to 2 hours and then cut and serve.
Option: you can add choc bits as a treat if you like and even top with melted dark chocolate as an icing. On it’s own though is just as delicious.
All out of Vanuatu Made Tanna Farms Coconut Oil? No problem, simply click here to make your on line purchase. We ship our coconut oil to New Zealand and have plenty of stockists in Vanuatu. While you’re shopping feel free to add any of our other products to your basket – all orders over $75NZD receive FREE shipping within New Zealand. Don’t forget that we have also supersized our coconut oil and have Bulk Tubs available too.
Tanna Farms – bringing the finest coconut oil that nature allows to New Zealand. Handmade in Vanuatu.